About the bag
This hand bag is perfect to carry your gifts. It is made out of waste newspapers and carton. Guilty free to toss it away if it is damaged because it is already the second life cycle of these materials.
Size: 22 x 35 x 10 cm
Capacity: 2 kg
• Materials: 4 reused newspapers pages, water-based glue & paint, reused carton
• Hand-made in heart Utrecht. So the images, form and size may vary a little bit.
Over Wana Bana Design
This year, 2020, Wana Bana Design decided to stop producing bags made out of high quality PU because it is a petrol-based material. This due to environmental reasons. Until Wana Bana finds the right replacement, we will make new bags out of 100% reused materials (better than recycling).
The ambition is to replace new paper/plastic bags in stores. And to replace new gift packaging. In order to be the solution we need to be able to compete with automatisation and low wages that enables to offer bags from up 20 cents per bag. For that reason our paper bags are made by volunteers.
• One of a kind: The bags are made from old newspapers. The chance that we use the same pages in the same way is very little making each bag unique.
• Handmade by our volunteer Marina in our atelier in Utrecht
• Support local community: We offer to volunteers a way to make direct impact in reducing waste.
• Environmental Impact: Positive! We reuse old newspapers and used carton that are delivered to Wana Bana instead of throwing this material away. These are the main material of the bags. We’re doing this to reduce Utrecht’s environmental impact: less plastic to waste containers, less cut trees.