Wana Bana Vegan Back Pack Mustard – Vintage – Pop
€69.95 inc. Vat
Top of the pops, was my favourite music chart when I lived in London! Shoulder|Hand | Backpack, Multi functional, Everyday ready.
About the bag
The shoulder strap can be adjusted and remove it so the bag can be use as a backpack or a shoulder bag. Inside you have an open pocket and zipper pocket.
Size: 30 x 30 cm
• Materials: high-quality synthetic (PU) leather, recycled cardboard, recycled vintage image, PVC to make the image waterproof.
• Vegan: Lili chose consciously for synthetic leather to avoid animal cruelty. Unfortunately Lili still uses petrol-based materials in order to give durability to the product without using animal skin. Lili keeps looking for the correct replacement. She is in love with Pinatex and she follows their moves waiting for the time they will produce it in Costa Rica. Now she is testing the cactus leather. It is produced in Mexico. If you know a better way to do this, please inspire her. Drop her a message!
• Vintage: Almost all images are at least 20 years old.
Over Wana Bana Design
One of a kind vegan bags, handmade in Colombia from up-cycled vintage images. Every bag is unique!
Founder Lili did not want to participate in mass production and animal suffering. She is also on a mission to reduce the gap between rich and poor. Through her bags she creates jobs for underprivileged single mothers in Colombia.
Part of the profit goes to a training program for children in her mother country.
• One of a kind: I scout images together with friends in second hand shops around the world: we select images from unwanted books. One of our makers cut the selected image and they make the bag around it. The chance to find the same image is very little, making each bag unique!
• Handmade by our single moms in their own atelier
• Support local community: we buy all the materials in Bogota (Colombia) in order to support the local economy. And gives work to the makers Johanna, Aida en Ximena. 3 single moms with their own. Johanna has 3 and Ximena has 2 boys. They are between 5 and 18 years. Aida is the mother of Johanna and Ximena. The moms combine their work with taking care of their children.
• Fair paid: we pay 30% above the price of a bag in Bogota.
• Environmental Impact: Positive! Re-use of papier from images. To be improved: replace synthetic leather and compensate CO2.
About the image
LP cover found The Netherlands.
Top of the pops from 1970.
“Top of the pops was a TV show that could take viewers on a strange and fascinating journey through seven days in the pop charts, giving equal weight to thrilling, credible new performers, reigning pop monarchs, smiling family favourites and preposterous novelty nonsense. Sometimes cheesy, thrillingly inconsistent and relentlessly upbeat, Top of the Pops did not care what music lovers were supposed to like, it merely showed what they did like, book-ending each performance with a shower of canned applause.” It started in 1964 and finished in 2006. Source: wikipedia. Video.